(January 29, 2020) — Start the countdown! Today marks 100 days until the York Revolution opens its 14th season at PeoplesBank Park!
Seems like an eternity, right? Well, here are some things to look forward to while you wait for the Revs’ 2020 season!
Extra Games, Returning Favorites, New Revs, and a New Game Time!
Fans will get extra Revs Time this year thanks to the return of the Road Warriors, whose season-long road trip increases the number of home games for each of their opponents. The Revs will host 72 games at PeoplesBank Park this season, with the first pitch of the season crossing the plate at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, May 8.
Revs manager Mark Mason continues to assemble his roster of returning favorites and new faces in the Revolution dugout. He and Darrell Henry, the voice of the Revolution, will announce 2020 signings each week on Revs Hot Stove Weekly presented by Shipley Energy, which will return to the airwaves of Sportradio 98.9 FM and 1350 AM WOYK on Monday, February 10, at 6 p.m.
The Revs will also be giving fans an extra hour to get to the ballpark on Sundays. The team announced it has moved the start time for Sunday games to 2 p.m.
Sunday Fundays, Foodie Friedays, Saturday Fireworks, and More!
Speaking of Sundays, the best day of the week for families and kids of all ages is back! Sunday Fundays will again feature the fan-favorite pre-game autograph session and catch on the field, and future Revs will once again be invited to run the bases after each Sunday game. In between, some of the kids’ favorite costumed characters will visit on select days. And don’t forget the furry family members – each Sunday will again be a Bark in the Park Sunday, when fans are welcome to bring dogs to catch a game (but, please, no fetching the little white baseball).
The Revs also announced the return of another staple at PeoplesBank Park – fireworks after every Saturday game, thanks to sponsors like AAA Southern Pennsylvania and Reinhart Foodservice.
But why should the weekends have all the fun? For 2020, the team has announced the following recurring weekly events:
• Monday – (Announcement coming soon! Stay tuned!)
• Tuesday – Silver Sluggers presented by WellSpan Sports Medicine
• Wednesday – Kids Eat Free Wednesday presented by PeoplesBank
• Thursday – Throwback Thursday
• Friday – Foodie Frieday
Themes, Giveaways, Appreciation Events, and Wacky Days at the Park
Of course, no Revolution season is complete without a wide variety of unique offerings and themes, making each trip to PeoplesBank Park something different and exciting. 2020 is already shaping up to carry on that tradition:
• May 8 – Opening Day T-shirt giveaway presented by WellSpan Health
• May 10 – Mother’s Day
• May 23 – AAA Night
• May 24 – Salute to Veterans presented by AARP
• June 4 – YMCA Member Appreciation
• June 7 – Cancer Survivors Celebration presented by Visiting Angels
• June 26 – Pride Night presented by UPMC
• July 25 – All Holidays Party
• August 5 – Shipley Customer Appreciation
• August 9 – Penn State Family Celebration
• August 28 – Ag & Farm Night
• September 11 – Emergency Responders Tribute presented the Zielinski Investment Group (RBC Wealth Management)
• September 12 – Star Wars Night
• September 18 – Ladies Night presented by UPMC
Revs Time Is Kids Time!
The 2020 season will also feature themes, special games and appearances, and memberships for the kids (and kids at heart).
• Rookie Revs (presented by PeoplesBank) take the field with the team on Opening Day, meet the players and coaches on May 23, “Hit the Wall” on June 17, get a piece of mascot DownTown’s birthday cake on August 7, and tour the ballpark on August 22.
• Blue’s Book Club free ticket redemption days (May 9, May 22, June 7, June 12)
• Baseball in Education (11 a.m. games on May 13 and 21)
• Camp Day presented by UPMC (11 a.m. game on July 30)
• Girl Scout Sleepover (August 7)
• Boy Scout Sleepover (August 21)
• Appearances throughout the season by kids’ favorite storybook princesses, superheroes, Paw Patrol characters, and more!
But the team can’t possibly fit anything else in, can it? That’s everything, right?
“Not even close,” said Revolution General Manager John Gibson. “We have much more in the works. We intend to squeeze every bit of Revs Time we can into each visit the fans make to cheer on their team this year”.
Pressed for a bit more to his tease, Gibson said the team’s planners are also working on a hat giveaway presented by Stambaugh Plumbing & Heating, themes and events for fans of Seinfeld and the movie Dodgeball, nights for local dance groups and bikers, and – of course – “more.”
It’s all reason, he added, to keep an eye on www.yorkrevolution.com
and to be the first to grab seats when individual game tickets go on sale on Monday, March 9. Can’t wait that long? Pick your own dates in a Revolution membership. Call (717) 801-HITS today!